Healing Hot Chocolate TO NOurish the BOdy and Soul
The winter months are the perfect time to enjoy a warm beverage while snuggled up on your couch. As your soul heals through the relaxation of the moment, let your body heal too with this special Healing Hot Chocolate Recipe. With a base of Four Sigmatic’s Hot Cocoa Mix with Reishi, this delicious take on a comforting hot chocolate will help you wind down from the stress of a new year. Additionally, the amount of turmeric in this recipe is enough to consider it a chocolate golden milk.
Cook and Culture’s Healing Hot Chocolate
Author: Josey Murray Total Time: 10 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- One packet of Four Sigmatic Hot Cocoa Mix with Reishi
- One cup of Oat milk (try Califia Farms or Oatly)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Pinch of black pepper
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cacao powder (Ceremonial Drinking Cacao from Maya Moon)
- 2 tsp almond butter
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk to incorporate.
- Serve in a cozy mug, top with optional coconut whipped cream (see below).
Optional Topping: Coconut Whipped Cream
Whip up some canned coconut milk in a mixer and drizzle on top. A layer of this cool creamy topping as a faux whipped cream is perfect.
- Place a can of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge, and let it sit overnight.
- When you’re ready, open the can, and scoop out just the thick layer on top into a bowl.
- Whip until fluffy. Add a few tablespoons of powdered sugar if you want it to be sweeter.
Did you know that black pepper enhances the bioavailability of turmeric?
Make the moment extra healing by sitting in front of a roaring fireplace and reciting some affirmations in between each sip of hot chocolate.
Try Maya Moon’s Rooted Meditation.
I AM PRESENT TO THE HERE AND NOW.
I AM CONNECTED TO THE FLOW OF INFINITE ABUNDANCE AND SUPPORT FROM MOTHER EARTH.
Want to know more about how to heal your body and soul?
Want to set up the perfect picnic for your family? Read on for a list of picnic foods and tips on how to capture the moment for eternity!
Hear about the benefits of B vitamins like metabolism, brain health, and hormones as we look at B-rich recipes and ways to enrich your diet!
What is the MIND diet? Here’s how you can implement the MIND diet into your life and what it means for your health.